A little over one year ago:
1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;
2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;
3) the unemployment rate was 4.5%.
4) the DOW JONES hit a record high--14,000 +
5) American's were buying new cars, taking cruises, vacations,, et. al
But American's wanted 'CHANGE!' So, in 2006 they voted in a Democratic
Congress and yes--we got 'CHANGE' all right. In the PAST YEAR:
1) Consumer confidence has plummeted;
2) Gasoline is now over $3-4 a gallon
3) Unemployment is up to 6%
4) Americans have seen their home equity drop by an average of 25% THAT’S $12 TRILLION DOLLARS…
5) 7% of American homes are in foreclosure.
6) THE DOW is probing another low
7)$2.5 TRILLION DOLLARS HAS EVAPORATED FROM THEIR STOCKS, BONDS & MUTUAL FUNDS INVESTMENT PORTIFOLIOS!
Yeah – I’d say we got change alright…